Sunday, May 15, 2011

Helmar, Best Creation Inc and Epiphany Crafts, oh my!!

 Today I am sharing with you two Helmar products that I literally use on pretty much every layout I create.  I am sure that you all are familiar with the products and these two are probably something you too use on all of your layouts but I wanted to share my creation process with you.
I bet you are still guessing which two products I am speaking about right?  Well my overall favorite, go to product is the Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive and next in line are the Helmar ZapDots and those are the two products I am going to use for my super easy layout along with some yummy new paper from Best Creation Inc, called My Robot.
Rocket-layout-1
I am a big texture and dimension lover and the Helmar ZapDots make this technique for me super easy......I get those little white squares flying in my scrap room!!    As a matter of fact I am noticing a loose one in the picture above, lol!!  Anyhow, with this layout I decided that I wanted the photo to sit above the paper instead of right on the paper so I matted it and then gave it the dimension I wanted by using the ZapDots:
Rocket-layout-2
Next I decided that I loved the design of gears on the bottom of the paper but I wanted to pop some of them up, so that calls for a little fussy cutting:
Rocket-layout-3
and then you simply put one of those awesome little ZapDots on the back and you are ready to add to the design:
Rocket-layout-4
I used the Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive for everything else because I don't want anything to fall off......ever!!  I don't know about you but I just love the American Craft Thickers but I know that they do not stick for the long term, so I have learned that just a dot of the Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive will hold them in place forever., so no more loose letters floating around your scraproom or laying at the bottom of your page protector!!  And this is my newest layout called "Rocket":
Julie-rocket-layout My grandson Jeromy has had a fixation with Little Einsteins from day one and he has had a Rocket always.....here he took it with us to Disneyland when he was about 3, I saw him the other day with a Rocket, and he is now almost 6!  Something we definitely want to remember.  If you are not familiar with Best Creation Inc paper, this is the one that has glitter embossing on every sheet.  The paper is two sided but the glitter is only on one side.  Since the glitter is embossed it doesn't flake...the perfect way for glitter designs to be!  The embossed glitter accents make for paper that is not flat, therefore needs a strong adhesive and I find that the Helmar 450 Quick Dry is perfect for these papers.  I also added a couple of custom round epoxy shapes near the rocket sticker that I made from the paper I was working with and my Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio!  I love the tone on tone look which gave my layout what I was looking for without looking too cluttered.
Let me share with you the dimension I got using the Helmar ZapDots on this layout:
Rocket-layout-5

Rocket-layout-6
So there you have it.....Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive and Helmar Zap Dots in action in my scrap studio!

No comments: