Sunday, May 29, 2011

Digital/Hybrid Challenge for May at Webster's Pages

Just a few days to get your entries in!!!  The challenge this month is hosted by Steph and is super simple, check it out:


hey guys

I echo Dena when I say I can't believe that it's May already.  May is one of those months that signals the middle of the year..... when did that happen !!!???

Well I have a fantastic challenge for all those traditional scrapbookers that want to dip their toes into the hybrid world and create something really different on their pages.

I would love to share my hybrid page with you .....


See the gorgeous arched border ... that's a Webster's Pages Digital Brush.  All I did was opened my photo editing software (in this case it is Photoshop 5) and opened a new document.   Then I selected the brush tool, and then selected the arched border.  By duplicating this brush a couple of times I made a long line of arches.   My final step was to print it out, at home, on transparency.  Easy !!!!!!!

I cut out the strips and adhered them onto the page with double sided tape.  As you can see the effect is amazing !!!!!

The beautiful frame under Madi's photo and elegant black roses are digital brushes as well. I used the exact same proceedure as the arched border, but adjusted the size of the images.  As you can see the black is striking.  You also have the option of changing the color of these brushes as well.  They are sooooooo adaptable.

So my challenge to you is to go ahead and use Brandin's beautiful Brushes on your project. You don't necessarily have to print them onto transparency like i did, any surface is effective and fun to do.  You can use cardstock, textured papers or even print straight onto your photographs.  You are only limited by your imagination......

Here are the details:
1. The majority of your project must contain products from Webster's Pages.
2. Your project must contain Webster's Digital Brush.
3. You must post your project in the gallery under the file name "May Digital/Hybrid Challenge - (title of your project)"  and post a link HERE.
4. The challenge will be open from May 1 to May 31, 12 midnight PST.

Have fun everyone! I look forward to all the inspiration we will get from this challenge!

Steph xo

I took Steph up on her challenge and created this layout using Webster's Pages Yacht Club collection and my stamp is the little blue wave that runs across the page near the photos:
You can find the Yacht Club digital collection HERE and the brushes HERE.  Hope you will give it a try...you could win a digital collection of your very own!!!

2 comments:

pysselpetra said...

they are both lovely. never tried igi-scrapping but I really want to after seeing this ♥

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is simply STUNNING. What a gorgeous layout!