Friday, May 18, 2012

For Jenna

So Jenna is getting a new room.....in a new house and she is not too happy about it.  Jenna doesn't like change....at all.  So I thought I would make her a new sign for her new room, maybe it will make her smile a little and warm up to the idea :)
She is going to stay with her purple theme for her new room so the Quick Quotes Dreamscape line was perfect for her sign!

I applied the paper directly to a little scalloped plaque that I had in my stash and then sanded around the edges to give it a finished look.  I inked the edges of the plaque with Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Ink in Limeade, a q-Tip worked great to get into the scallops.
I used the PowderPuff Chalking Ink in Purple Passion to stamp the cute little saying along the side of the plaque....it so totally describes Jenna so it was the perfect touch!!  I added a Frosted DragonFly and just love what it adds to the little sign! The Chipboard is also from Quick Quotes and with that I just stamped more Purple Passion on the flower portion and Limeade on the stem/leaf area.  When stamping the chipboard I simply lie the chipboard onto my desk, which is covered in glass and press the pad directly onto the flat surface, it cleans up great with a wet wipe :)  I stamped the folded coffee filter under the purple flower with Limeade, Lemonade and Green With Envy.  And I couldn't find an Alpha in a color that matched very well so I chose a white alpha and stamped it with my Limeade Ink.....perfect match!!
I added Ranger Stickles to the stem and leaf portion of the flower and glossy accents to the flower itself and then sprinkled on some Sparkle Fibers.  I added Glossy Accents to my alpha as well.

I hope she loves this sign for her new room!!

Ingredients:
Paper - Quick Quotes, Dreamscape
Chipboard - Quick Qutoes, Fun Flowers
Embelishment - Quick Quotes Frosted DragonFly
Ink - Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Ink, Limeade, Purple Passion
Flower - Webster's Pages
Trim - Webster's Pages
Pearl Trim - My Minds Eye
Tulle - glitz
Beads and Plaque - stash
Sparkle Fibers - ClearSnap
Glossy Accents - Ranger
Stickles - Ranger

thanks for spending time with me today :)
Julie

No comments: