Friday, May 25, 2012

Families are Forever

Families.....that is what life is all about.  I am blessed to have the majority of my family close by and I get to spend lots of time with them.  Quick Quotes has some fantastic quotes printed on Vellum regarding Families, and make doing a layout so easy!!
I used the Quick Quotes line One Fine Day and isn't that Quote the best?  I love it!
I inked the edges of the vellum to give it a sort of frame or boarder, some dimension.  A little fussy cutting with the flowers in the corner helped to ground the photo by tucking the photo under them. 
I love to add little strips of boarders here and there to help the draw the eye around the layout, so remember boarders don't have to be full strips.  Tone on tone, boarders of one color on top of an area of the layout that is either the same color or one that is close, is also a great way to add texture...and dimension.
Another thing I love to do is to add my journaling on little strips, another way to ground the photo :)  I love Quick Quotes Die Cuts!!!  I added the little Fun Flowers after inking them with the Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Inks, so simple and such a great touch.  I love the look of the inks when dry, they really do look soft like powder!
As I am working on a layout, it goes through several stages in my mind, initial design, bare basics, title, journaling and then, what is it missing?  On this layout the little touch I gave was the cute little banner flags under the trim.  Definitely one of my go to techniques lately, kind of just finishes it off.
And there you have it...my family layout...of my oldest daughter and her family!

Ingredients
Paper - Quick Quotes, One Fine Day
Die Cuts/Chipboard - Quick Quotes, Fun Flowers
DragonFly Embellishment - Quick Quotes - Frosted DragonFlies
Vellum Quote - Quick Quotes, Families Are Tied Together
Ink - Quick Quotes, PowderPuff Chalking Inks, Mango Mai Tai, Bloody Mary, Blue Hawaiian
Trim, Doily - Stash
Punch - Fiskars

So good to spend time with you today....thanks for stopping by!

Julie

No comments: