Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Scrapping Spot April Kit and Projects

The Scrapping Spot April Kit is now available!!!



Isnt it gorgeous!!!! I had a blast with this kit, there was so much to work with and it is one of my favorite color combinations.....plus it has Kraft cardstock, WOO HOO!!!

First I want to share my favorite project from the kit. This is a 12 x 12 canvas. First I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist in blue and brown. Once dry I drenched a piece of burlap with Modge Podge and draped it onto the canvas. When the burlap dried I sprayed again with Glimmer Mist. Then I was ready to embellish...the best part. The canvas is rather dimensional so I applied Helmar's Liquid Scrap Dots to each of the embellishments and was able to place them anywhere I wanted, I didnt have to worry about the bumps and crevices and didnt have to wait for each to dry enough to move on to the next because the Liquid Scrap Dots constistancy is like a firmer gel and things stay where you put them. The Liquid Scrap Dots made this project a possibility, I dont think I could have accomplished what I did without it! The photo is torn and crumpled, adhered with the Liquid Scrap Dots and then I used the Helmar Textured Effects on it. I used a stiff brush and applied with a circular swirl motion.






And these are my layouts and cards using the April kit:


here is a close up of the flower I made using cut outs from the patterned paper and Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots:





I even made two simple cards....my kids are always looking for Birthday Cards so I try to create those with scraps every month.




Thanks for taking a peek at my work and I hope it inspires you to create something special :)

6 comments:

Laurajean said...

Gorgeous projects Julie...I'm in love with that kit...just beautiful :)

Liz said...

Wow amazing and look at the cuttlebug go. Great work

Unknown said...

Your projects are amazing! That canvas is awesome!

Unknown said...

Your projects are amazing! That canvas is awesome!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

you really worked that TSS kit up n down... love the canvas.. everyone has been talking about those liquid scrapdots.. hear me "bahhhh" like a sheep.. I want some of those dots now! mwahahha Oh yes, and I've been up all night from a coffee high, so pay me no mind *grins* Love your projects here! xoxo

just lisa said...

Beautiful stuff here Julie! This kit was wonderful and you really made some awesome stuff with it!!