Saturday, August 20, 2011

Anatomy of a Layout - August Sketch Challenge with Helmar

Hey all!  Good Saturday to you...or Sunday if you are abroad!  Julie here, and I wanted to share how my layout using the August Sketch by Lydell Quin came together!  Check out the post about the Adhere in August Sketch Challenge for more details and to see the fabulous layouts created by the Helmar DT and YOU!!!
So this is the sketch Lydell did:
Helmar sketch
One heck of a fantastic sketch I have to say..thanks Lydell!! So I went to my stash of Helmar preferred partners goodies and planned out this challenge.  I was feeling in a crackle mood and the Pink Paislee papers seemed to suit where I wanted to go with the layout.
IMG_6086
I love using patterned paper as my background paper and with this paper I decided I didn't want to cover up much of it but did want something to ground my photos so I decided I would paint some of the background paper and while the paint was drying I cut out some graphics from another sheet of paper to use as the circles in the sketch:
IMG_6087
I applied my Helmar Crackle Medium to the painted area (love that stuff):
IMG_6088
While this was drying I got out my PSA Essential stamps, thought they would be perfect for the circles in the sketch as well...plus I had the Life's a Beach and Dare to Dream line and thats the topic of my layout...I love when things come together like that!
Once the Crackle Medium was totally dry I rubbed some ink onto the painted surface and then rubbed off with a paper towel, which left the ink in the cracks....I love to see those cracks...just so random!!
IMG_6090
I thought butterflys would be a great embellishment so I punched some and also used the Crackle Medium and ink on them.
IMG_6092
And then came the layering and stamping...and check out those butterflies, Helmar Liquid ScrapDots and perfect for butterflies!!
IMG_6094
And there you have a beautiful layout, using a beautiful sketch all made possible by Helmar Adhesives and Helmar Preferred Partners, Pink Paislee, Robins Nest and  PSA Essentials!!
Julieaugsketchfisherman
Some details:
Julieaugsketchfisherman2
Julieaugsketchfisherman3
Of course I used my Helmar favorites.....450 Quick Dry, Adhesive Runner and ZapDots!!!
I hope to see you participate this month in the Adhere in August Sketch Challenge....just 11 more days till the deadline ;)
Julie Walton, Helmar Design Team Member

http://seejuliescrap.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Laura C said...

Julie - I just love what you do with Websters Pages. I never know how to use them but following your blog has helped ALOT! This page is GORGEOUS

Leah's Crafty Life said...

stunning layout Julie!! LOVE the crackle paint and ink technique too. so awesome!