Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Lawn Fawn + Helmar Adhesives = a Fantastic Project!!

As you know Helmar Adhesives and Lawn Fawn have teamed up this week and the Design Team members are getting to play with products from both manufacturers...and we have been having F.U.N.!!!
I received two sets of stamps to play with, fanicful frames and smitty's abc's, a perfect pairing I must say!!  What I decided to do was to make a super easy quick little mini book featuring my granddaughter Jenna's birthday party!  What helped me make up my mind was the Pink Paislee Soire paper I recieved, another Helmar preferred partner.  I decided to use the stamps to emboss, on black cardstock:
  Julie-fawn-lawn-jenna-book1
I have to say I was very impressed with the detail I got from the stamps while embossing!  I stamped the frame image on black cardstock and then cut out the frame and adhered with Helmar ZapDots, the 1/4 inch squares, which gave it the perfect dimension!
Zapdots

I made the book itself from just 2 sheets of paper, cut to 3 x 12 and glued together with Helmar Acid Free Glue!
Julie-fawn-lawn-jenna-book2
The Helmar Acid Free glue is my go to glue when I am making mini books, goes on smooth and doesn't wrinkle or warp the papers!
Acid_Free
I just love how the black embossed frames really made the photos from the Cosmic Bowling party stand out!!
Julie-fawn-lawn-jenna-book3
I did a bunch of fussy cutting of flowers and adhered them with the Helmar 450 Quick Dry...my favorite glue of all!!
450_Quick_Dry

Julie-fawn-lawn-jenna-book4
And as easy as that Jenna has a great little keepsake from her 7th birthday to put away in her memory box......thanks Helmar and Lawn Fawn, I sure enjoyed working with both products!!
Be sure to check back to the blog alot this week to see many more projects with our preferred partner, Lawn Fawn!!
~Julie Walton~
 Helmar USA Design Team Member

No comments: