Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September Creations for Paper Posies

Got a late start this month due to some manufacturer delays but it was a great kit none the less, and here are my creations:





This is an altered 12 x 12 canvas that I did....and the instructions too!!

Altered Canvas
September Kit Project
By Julie Walton

Supplies needed:
Stretched canvas
Paint – color of your choice
Modge Podge or some other liquid adhesive
Chipboard
Patterned paper
Choice of embellies – I used buttons


First off, decide where you want your chipboard to go on your canvas, make up a design that you like. Remember to layer the chipboard; it makes for some great dimension! As part of my design I chose to cover one of the chipboard arrows with pattered paper, it gave it a pop of color. This arrow that has been covered with paper is not adhered to the canvas until after the canvas is painted so remember to leave space for it to be added later. An optional step would be to apply a glossy top coat on this paper covered arrow. When you are satisfied with the placement you will adhere the chipboard directly to the canvas, or in the case of layers, chipboard to chipboard to canvas. I used Modge Podge generously across the entire back of the chipboard and then pressed to the canvas.

Once the adhesive is dry you are ready to paint!! Paint the entire canvas, sides and all, and go right over the chipboard. This is going to give you some tone on tone dimension. I did have to give it several coats of paint to get the coverage the way I wanted.

When the paint is dry you are ready to decorate!! I put the paper covered arrow in its spot, adhering it with my modge podge. Now you can add your embellies, a title, or whatever you wish!

I am doing a series of 12 x 12 canvases using all sorts of techniques for my bedroom wall. They are really fun to work with. Hope you will give it a try!!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Ohhhhhh those are soooooo awesome!!!!! I LOVE your use of color!!!

Unknown said...

wonderful work Julie!

The Sonboul's said...

CUTE Mini album... Love those buttons! LOVE THEM! SUCH CUTE STUFF YOU'VE MADE ;)