Sunday, March 25, 2012

A little more Quick Quotes inspiration!

Hi all....good Sunday morning to you!!  Julie here to share with you some inspiration from the Club Q kits from Quick Quotes!

I am in love with the deep edge canvas's!  I love that you can decorate the edges as well as the surface and that it can hang or sit on a shelf.  And I am in love with this piece of paper from Quick Quotes from the Tin Type line....I love the color scheme and you cant beat a paper with rays on it....screams summer and beach to me!!
So I started with this paper and a deep edge canvas and this is what I made:

First I used the Quick Quotes PowderPuff ink in Lemonade all over the edges and then went over the corners with PowderPuff ink in Mango Mai Tai.  Then I stamped the swirl pattern with PowderPuff ink in Baja Blue.
I love using this ink!!  It goes on so smooth and so rich!
I crumpled the paper and wet it a little then smoothed it out and applied it to the surface of the canvas...love the texture it gives.  I inked the Umbrella chipboard with the PowderPuff ink in Tahiti first and then lightly went over it with some Baja Blue.  The frame around the photo was border punched from the back side of the same paper...great way to use scraps and coordinate!  I lightly touched the border pieces with some Tahiti ink as well.

 I hand made the rolled flowers, also from the scraps of the same piece of paper and touched the edges with some more of the Tahiti ink.  The Butterfly chipboard was covered in the Lemonade ink and the edges touched with Mango Mai Tai and then I spread a thin layer of Stickles over the surface.
Added my quote and some twine and I now have a beautiful altered canvas to display...that is if my daughter doesn't steal it, lol!!

Ingredients:
Quick Quotes paper - Tin Type 400
Quick Quotes PowderPuff Chalking Ink - Baja Blue, Tahiti, Lemonade, Mango Mai Tai
Chipboard - Quick Quotes Umbrella, Quick Quotes Butterfly
Quick Quotes Quote - Adventure
Gems - Webster's Pages
Stamp - Tim Holtz
Twine - We R Memory Keepers
Punch - Martha Stewart
Flower and brads - Stash
Alpha - American Crafts

2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Sunset is very neat. Great paper crafting.

Nicole Doiron said...

I love your work and am a fan of yours so i have a little well-deserved surprise for you on my blog :) http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.ca/2012/03/liebster-award.html