Friday, February 8, 2008

Hit a little bump in the road........

I dont know how many of you know that I have heart problems, but I have a disease that makes the arteries in my heart spasm (Prinz Metal Angina), I have bad spasms that cause heart attacks. I suffered my first heart attack at age 35, about 12 years ago, I have had many procedures over the years including bypass almost 10 years ago. For the past 7 years or so the medication has controlled it all. I started having problems in December again, I had some testing last week and have found out that I have decreased blood flow to the front part of my heart, this is where the bypass was done. On Thursday I am going in the hospital to have an angiogram to see what is going on and to try and place a stent if possible, I will stay overnight if they are able to place the stent, if they cant I will go home and will have heart bypass surgery scheduled for a later date. Got a little bit of a nightmare going on over here! Anyway....would love some good thoughts!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Julie, lots of hugs and prayers coming your way. I hope all is going well.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Julie. Hope you start feeling better.

kat

Brandy said...

i am thinking of you, hope everything goes perfectly!!