Friday, August 5, 2011

A 3 Scrappy Boys Challenge!

Hi all!
I just posted the August challenge with the Trio kit at 3 Scrappy Boys, thanks for sending that to me Heather....I am having a blast with it :) , just love the three main manufacturers this month, Echo Park, Jillibean and Cosmo Cricket!!!  As I was working with the kit I found that I was making alot of my own embellishments and thought it would be a great challenge, I love to see what others create!  I tend to make embellishments when I find a pattern in the paper that I can fussy cut and paper piece.  Today I will share with you the layout I did and the embellishment I made:
August-be-a-baker
Its really not that crooked in real life...I just couldnt get a straight shot, lol!!  Anyway this is Trevor at his preschool graduation this last June.  And the title comes from the video they played at the graduation where they asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up, and Trevor's response was "I want to be a baker", we were all surprised to hear that, not that he would want to be one, but that he actually said it in response to the question.  I didnt want to forget that moment so I used it for a title!
So...on to the challenge, I made the embellishment in the top left corner by cutting the circle designs from the paper, layering them with my Helmar ZapDots, adding a button with bakers twine and tucking in the the journaling strips that I cut from the paper around the center.  My Challenge to you is to create your own embellishment!!  Here is a close up of  mine:
August-baker-detail
I hope that you will play along with me this month....I want to see the embellishments that you create!!!  And dont forget to check out the 3 Scrappy Boys Newsletter this month....I have another layout that I will be sharing with another embellishment that I made :)
Have a crafty day!
Julie Walton, Design Team Member for 3 Scrappy Boys

1 comment:

jaz lee said...

Oh Julie...your layout makes me happy ;) Love all your work..I hope I can do digi as beautiful as you one day..Thank you for being my inspiration...

love
jaz