Thursday, June 16, 2011

Best Creation......Rock Star....oh yeah!!!!

So the Best Creation Inc Design Team coordinator challenged us to create something with acrylic...using any line of papers.  I went through my acrylic stash and settled on a little mini album by ScrapWorks....just 2x3 in size, which I used to make a hanging banner for my grandson Trevor.  And low and behold the new Rock Star line had the exact same blue plaid pattern that Trevor has in his room...not only that there are tons of black accents and thats what Trev has in his room too!  What a great find!!
I spattered the fronts of each acrylic piece with black acrylic paint using an old toothbrush and then I dipped the edges in black paint as well.  I love to adhere paper behind the acrylic because it gives such great dimension so I used the 6x6 papers from the Rock Star line, perfect for the size of the banner I was making!!  I used my Helmar Gemstone Glue to adhere the papers to the acrylic, just a little dab in each corner and it worked so well I cant even see where I did it!!  Cant beat that!!!
 In my stash I found some great felt alpha's in black from American Crafts so I adhered them to the front of the acrylic....again gives great dimension over the paper below the acrylic.  I added some stickers from the Rock star line as well to add to the design below the acrylic on the paper.
 I punched additional holes in the small acrylic sheets for the purpose of threading ribbon in order to hang them one below the other.
By accident I punched holes in the last sheet, the last letter of his name, when I didnt need to so I searched around my stash and found these great Heidi Swapp Chandelier beads in black.....the perfect touch!!!  I love when accidents work out so well, lol!

All in all this was a super easy and quick project...but dang its so cute!!!  If you happen to be at CHA summer in Chicago this year you can check this project out in person at the Best Creation booth!!

Thanks for visiting!!!